LASIK for AstigmatismApril 26, 2017
What you must know about BlepharoplastyMay 27, 2017
Before your LASEK laser eye surgery you will meet with an eye surgeon or a coordinator who will discuss what you should expect during and after the laser eye surgery. During this session your medical history will be evaluated and your eyes will be tested. Likely tests include measuring corneal thickness, refraction, corneal mapping, eye pressure, and pupil dilation. Once you have gone through your evaluation your surgeon will answer any questions you may have. Afterwards, you can schedule an appointment for the procedure.
Feeling nervous, anxious or excited before surgery is a completely natural, completely normal response. Just follow this checklist below, try to relax as much as you can;
- If you wear rigid gas permeable contact lenses, you should not wear them for three weeks before your evaluation. Other types of contact lenses shouldn’t be worn for at least three days prior to the evaluation.
- Do not wear perfume or cologne; they can contain alcohol, as can hair products such as hair spray or mousse.
- Remove all eye makeup a minimum of 24 hours before surgery.
- Please ensure your face and eyes are complimentary from all makeup on the day of surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothing and avoid anything that may generate lint such as wool.
- Arrange transport, you certainly will not be able to drive yourself home and you may find public transport to be tiring.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours before and 48 hours after your surgery, as this tends to dehydrate your eyes.
- Please do not bring young children or infants with you to the clinic.
- On the day of your LASEK eye surgery, only eat a light meal before going to the surgery
- Make sure to take all your prescribed medications.
- Don’t wear any bulky accessories in your hair as these may interfere with the procedure.